Thursday, February 23, 2012

We Are Incredibly Good Looking

I was all up in hella boats today.  Super fun.  We all got on a snorkeling trip out to a neat reef outside Kona.  I saw a bunch of fishes that I remember from Midway snorkeling, and a few things that I had been trying to see out there but never did.  My personal fish of the day was a the Longnose Butterflyfish.  I really like butterfly fish.  I had already seen lots of "Forcepsfish", which were nice, but the Longnose has a hella hella long nose and is a bit cooler.  After the snorkeling, we saw a big Manta from the boat.  Also cool.  After that, it was time for boat #2 of the day.  We went for a sunset sailing cruise with Papa Konane for a few hours.  If you want to know what it was like, watch this:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMkIuKXwmlU&feature=related


Papa K. is a friend from back home.  He's from here, but he went to the Brushwood Olympics last year up in Angels Camp, and he decided to show us around on his sailboat here in Kona.  During the sail, I saw only one bird.  A Glaucous-winged Gull.  This was the first gull I have seen in over three months, so I was pretty stoked.  Tomorrow, I will finally surf in Hawaii for the first time.  Ima shred the gnar.  




Papa Konane teaching me the art of sailing.

Samantha pinching the sun.  Or half of it anyway.

1 comment: