Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lizard King

The blur that has been my Hawaiian vacation is nearly over.  Tomorrow I will come home.  You can all see me in real life once again.  I will be signing autographs at the Oakland airport upon arrival tomorrow night.  


Being a non-native to Hawaii, I can relate to the lizards that have found their way here.  They're mostly very handsome and funny.  And for the most part they are destructive.  This first guy has a bad reputation for eating the native geckos and many people kill them on sight.It's a tough life for a gecko on Hawaii, if you're native or not.


Madagascar Green Gecko, I think is what this is called.

As far as I can tell, this is a Brown-tailed Copper-striped Skink.  But I could be wrong.  I need to check with an expert.  Amy, please tell me what this is.

1 comment:

  1. The Gold-spangled Day Gecko (an insectivorus species) is not native, like every other terrestrial reptile on Hawaii.

    God I'm a dick.

    ReplyDelete