Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday (cue music)

Well, this is it.  I'm on SEFI, hunched over my computer at the dining room table that I built with my bare hands.  This is where I wrote the first TPAD.  To be honest, I'm a bit nervous about what to say as I lay TPAD down for her final rest.  I think I'll pour myself another one and say farewell.  

It's been quite a year.  We have been through a lot of stuff together over the last 365 days.  Farallones, Midway, Hawaii, Angels Camp, San Francisco, the Carolinas, various hell-holes around Southern California... TPAD has been my best friend through it all.  We have seen hundreds of birds, maybe even thousands. We met so many amazing people and friends, and we immortalized them all by taking at least 2 photos of them every single day.

If you are reading this, I want you to know how much I appreciate you.  By merely clicking on TPAD and paying attention to me for a few minutes, you have made my life better.  Hopefully yours has been enriched as well.

I have been thinking about my blogging future lately and am still not sure what I want to do with my post-TPAD life.  I think it may heavily involve the GBRS and all that goes with that...

So I was considering either doing a 10 (ten) PAD, or a 20 (chwenny) PAD tonight, as it is a special occasion, but I think I will just stick with the good old 2 (too) Photos A Day.  So without further ado, here are my last 2.  They are just photos of my best parts of today.  Same as always.  Thank you all for looking at them.  It means a lot.

I found this Baird's Sandpiper lurking around Stinky Ponds today.  I was hoping for a White-rumped, but I'll settle.

I spent a good hour with the Northern Gannet today.  This is maybe the rarest bird I've ever seen in California.  He flew within 30 feet of me about a hundred times and I took a million pictures.  I finally settled on this one to finish off TPAD.  Everyone please now go listen to "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday" by Boyz 2 Men or whoever.  Thanks for watching.

8 comments:

  1. You are an expert gannet photographer. TPAD will be missed. Rage onward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dan, for giving me an anticipated daily evening gift this past year. My first memory of you was having you stand up and leave lunch when Jenny, Richard and I mentioned we had flushed owls near the runway. I didn't know you were off to get a photo. Your shots and comments will be missed.Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate to see TPAD ending, but looking forward to your next great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no say it ain't so! how will i get my SEFI fix? well, it's been swell while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Farewell! I second Steve, Rage Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah bud! Godd job, enjoyed the ride. Very classy send off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lets hope boredom sparks another bright idea. Birding the wetlands in Humboldt today - shorebirds.

    ReplyDelete