Friday, February 17, 2012

Cities Are Weird. There Are No Goonies.

Honolulu makes me tired.  I am currently operating from a bunk bed in Waikiki.  I went to sleep too late last night, and then I woke up too early this morning.  Most of my day was occupied with finding a bed in this hostel near Waikiki Beach.  I guess there must be a big weekend planned here because everything is hella booked.  I walked around town for a few hours, had some good food, and feasted my eyes on beautiful exotic birds like Red-crested Cardinal and Zebra Dove.  Seeing these birds makes one's heart ache for the comfort of a million goonybirds.  Since this is the last time I'll be able to post goonies for a while, today's TPAD is dedicated to them.


So much better than Red-crested Cardinal or Red-vented Bulbul.

I relocated the most recent Short-tailed Albatross yesterday.  We hadn't seen her in at least a week, so it was nice to get one more look.  I think she just wanted to say goodbye.  Or maybe Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment