Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hunger Is No Game

Hunger Games. The book that is sweeping the nation.  I'm about done with the first one.  Who comes up with this sadistic shit?  I have read about a twelve year old girl being impaled by a spear, a sixteen year old girl stung by killing insects, neck-snapping, poisoning, etc.  All being done to little kids.  And this is the most popular book in the world, as far as I can tell.  Why do people get off reading about kids maiming and killing each other?  It's just sick.  Of course, the book is great, and I can't put it down.  But that's beside the point.  


Annie One-sock and I spent the day mapping all of the albatross plots that we surveyed this season.  Things are winding down to the finish line, and I can feel the end of my Midway days bearing down on me.  It has been an amazing time, and I'm ready to pass the torch on to the next lucky group of goony wranglers.


God Rays shining down on the old sunken water barge this morning.   Plus, a billion albatross flying around the atoll.

This is also art.  It demonstrates the incongruity between Man and Nature.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished the series yesterday. Epic, until you get to the last two or three pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete