Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The City Of Richmond Is A Nice Neighborhood

Felonious and I took a trip around the Bay yesterday, starting at Lake Merrit and ending at Point Pinole.  We saw 90 species.  At the beginning of the day, I guessed that we would see 90 species.  This is the third time I have guessed correctly in the last 2 or 3 weeks.  I have the gift.  Felonious now owes me a drink.  I finally bought my Midway ticket. Less than 24 hrs in advance.  Which was stupid.  I am leaving at 9:00AM tomorrow. Very nervous.  Feeling like I forgot a hundred things.  Anyhow, if any of you are reading this and are in San Francisco and would like to give me a huge send-off...I am about to start drinking in the Mission.  It will be grand.  Here are two highlights from yesterday.


A young Black-crowned Night Heron scowling at the passersby, Lake Merritt.

Female Common Goldeneye, Lake Merritt.  Somehow, we missed the Tufted Duck that is supposed to be lurking about.  LIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment