Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I Wish Starbuck Rolled With My Crew

Apparently Kara Thrace (call sign Starbuck) is leading Humankind to utter destruction, even though everyone thinks she's leading them to fame and glory on Earth.  This is of course only the story from an old man in a bathtub last night on BSG, so who knows... Today was obviously another chill day.  I wasn't even Albatrossbitten, so life is good.  There is a plane tomorrow bringing about 15 people out to count ALL of the albatross on Island.  It seems like a big job, I know.  Last year they counted nearly a million.  Can you believe that?  Anyway, there will probably be a little shindig at Captain Brooks tonight, so it's looking like light breezes out of the NW, partly cloudy, with a slight chance of Rage.  Here's some stuff that happened today:




This is my crew, from left to right: Nik Aspy, Ann Humphrey, Karen Guglielmone.  Watch your back or they will frack you up.





This may be the rarest bird on Midway currently.  Mallard is another one of those birds that really surprised me by being out here.

1 comment:

  1. Lord, I love mallards. Apparently they ARE everywhere. Speaking of birds that occur everywhere, I've seen ravens in summertime in Death Valley, and my uncle used to live DEEP in Alaska, and he said one winter it was SUPER cold, so cold the air feels thicker than normal, and as he strode from building to building, the only other living creature he saw was a raven. I admire that tenacity and adaptability.

    ReplyDelete