Friday, December 9, 2011

Double Dip Lifer Day

So I saw two species today for the first time in my life.  Of course, this is only a small consolation when I think about a certain duck that my "friends" are seeing in California right now.  You miserable bastards.  Anyway, we spent the entire day over on Eastern Island banding hella goonies.  I got a couple of nice goonybites for my trouble, to go along with a couple of nice lifers.  Mahalo.


Masked Booby.  Thus completes my Booby Trifecta. (unless I can find a Nazca, but I don't even want to think about that...)

Spinner Dolphin.  They just look kind of silly when you look at them captured on camera hanging motionless 2 feet above the water.  But seriously, these things are legit.

2 comments:

  1. So, what were the lifer birds? is the masked booby one of them? (pardon dopey-ness, got up hella early for the lunar eclipse)

    Fabulous shots!

    Hoping that for some reason "the duck" decides to hang out and wait for me to get up there in 1.5 weeks (to fly out of SMF). Unlikely, but a girl can dream. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I forgot to mention that the photos were of my two lifers (one doesn't really count since it has no feathers). I think you'll get the duck. I won't unless it stays till February. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete