Saturday, May 19, 2012

Plectrum Is A Moronic Word

I need to use bigger words when I blog.  It is required of me that I utilize a more diverse vocabulary whilst disseminating my musings upon the Information Superhighway.  Sounds like horseshit to me.  The Pelagic Extravaganza today was a massive failure.  The Best things I saw were these:


South-polar Skua.  This monster bird gave a good ten minute show, and was by far the best bird of the day.

Red Phalaropes do not look like this.  Because these are Red-necked Phalaropes, which any birder worth his weight in whiskey would know.  Even from a great distance, from a moving ship.




Even though the birds were few and far between, good times and good company were enjoyed by all.  Everything's fine, nothing is effed here dude.

2 comments:

  1. That skua is so BURLY!. Wow.

    I am probably being too literal (a frequent source of amusement for my friends as they laugh and my brow is knitted) but re: using bigger words, "Sez who?"

    Steinbeck, genius writer, used small words, short, simple sentences.

    Eschew obfuscation. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steinbeck is rubbish. Bigger is better, Biobabbler; obvi. Don't make me turn on the vocab-spigot. Shit will drown.

    ReplyDelete