Sunday, July 22, 2012

Salt Spray Damages Boats

Yesterday was lackluster at best.  The weather was mostly abysmal, which made standing out on deck very unpleasant for most of the day.  That being said, I managed to see a few goodies that weren't new to me, but still worth looking at.  The boat sort of broke a little bit and made us super late getting back home.  We landed at about 10:30 PM and I was mostly blacked out brain dead at that point.  I have spent the morning recuperating at the house of the uncle of ASearcy.  It is lovely here, and I am forever indebted to the Searcy family for their kind hospitality.


Just to warn you, I'll probably be using these pelagic shots for a few days, so that I don't have to go birding or photographing.


This bird saved the day, sort of.  Red-billed Tropicbird, Santa Barbara County.

Leach's Storm-petrel.  There were gobs of these all day.  It was fun seing all the variation in tail patterns.

1 comment:

  1. Lack luster you knob head, Red-billed! - you're getting So Cal'ed.

    ReplyDelete